There is a simple way to download YouTube video using Ubuntu Linux. But firstly you need to install youtube-dl. Here’s how to do:
- Suppose your computer is now running Ubuntu Linux.
- Open terminal (click Applications > Accessories > Terminal)
- Type sudo apt-get install youtube-dl.
- Type in your linux password.
- Now you’re ready to go. To download your favorite video, simply type youtube-dl -t THE_URL_OF_YOUTUBE_VIDEO. The -t parameter will add video title into the file name.
- The downloaded file, which is saved in FLV format, then could be played using Media Player (in Linux), FLV player (in Windows), or another FLV player program.
- That’s it! Enjoy the videos🙂